Thursday, February 9, 2012

What makes Me Me and You You? (Day 25)


Dear Diary,

What makes Me Me and You You?

 “This is the question that is at the heart of the genetic puzzle. It is also central to our exploration of blood types. The key is genetic heritage - the story line of your life. Even though you are living in the 21st century, you share a common bond with your ancestors. The genetic information that resulted in their particular characteristics has been passed on to you.

People who are O blood type have a different set of characteristics than people who are Type B or Type A - they are susceptible to different diseases, they should eat different foods and exercise in a completely different manner. Some believe that personality is influenced by blood type! Dr. D'Adamo, author of the best selling books Eat Right for Your Type and Live Right for Your Type, among others, gives us a blueprint for living in his books. Read on to learn more about the Type O individual.” Dr. Peter D’Adamo
I’ve been doing a lot or reading and researching recently… And have just added these 2 books to my Amazon shopping cart. As we all know, there are an overwhelming assortment of diet & detox information available. It all gets a little overwhelming, sometimes confusing, and often contradicting. I am honestly loving the 80/20 raw “diet” and focusing on proper food combining! It is becoming habitually ‘normal’ for me. With that said, I also believe that its just not that ‘simple’ for everyone; and brings me back to the “What makes Me Me and You You” question. I mean, we are NOT all created equal, and what makes our “diets” any different? Yesterday, I was having this very enlightening conversation (with my dear friend Linda) about ‘eating for your blood type’. And I have to say, I found this topic as a whole very interesting. What is most interesting to me is that I DON’T even know my own blood type. First thing first, is to make an appointment with the Lab. Secondly, I am very interested in learning more about what I ‘should’ be eating to support my blood type.
“Type O-People with type O blood fare best on intense physical exercise and animal proteins and less well on dairy products and grains, says Dr. D'Adamo. The leading reason for weight gain among Type O's is the gluten found in wheat products and, to a lesser extent, lentils, corn, kidney beans, and cabbage, Dr. D'Adamo explains. Ideal exercises for Type O's include aerobics, martial arts, contact sports, and running.”


“Type A-Those with blood type A, however, are more naturally suited to a vegetarian diet and foods that are fresh, pure, and organic. As Type A's are predisposed to heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, "I can't emphasize how critical this dietary adjustment can be to the sensitive immune system of Type A," says Dr. D'Adamo. Type A's prefer calming, centering exercise, such as yoga and tai chi.”

“Type B-Type B's have a strong immune system and a tolerant digestive system and tend to resist many of the severe chronic degenerative illnesses, or at least survive them better than the other blood types. Type B's do best with moderate physical exercise requiring mental balance, such as hiking, cycling, tennis, and swimming.” 

“Type AB-Blood type AB, the most recent, in terms of evolution, of the four groups and an amalgam of types A and B, is the most biologically complex. For this group, a combination of the exercises for types A and B works best.”
Dr. D'Adamo. 

Does anybody know anything about this ‘topic’? To be continued…

Hmmmm...
Maggie

2 comments:

  1. I've looked into this diet from time to over many years. Of course I never followed it for more than a few days to see any results but I am type O and I do know that I need hard physical exercise more than others it seems to even look and feel normal. I am really on the wrong page then if this is true when it comes to the whole meat thing. I am curious to know what you are.

    ReplyDelete