Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Seriously? Who Doesn't Think of These Things? (Day 17)

Dear Diary,

I have a complaint to register with the manufacturers of my juicer. Oh, my complaint's not with the juicer, my juicer turns vegetables into juice in nothing flat. And clean up's a snap. No, my complaint's not with the juicer. As a matter of fact, I've gotten quite comfortable with my morning juice routine - get the veggies out of the refrigerator, pile them on the counter, flip the switch on the juicer and start feeding them down the chute. I don't even think about it any more. So, imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I looked down to see pear nectar pouring out of the spout of my juicer and running across the kitchen counter! Aaaagggghhhhhh!!!!

No, my complaint's not with the juicer, my complaint is with the instruction manual. I want to see the following warning in big red capital letters: WARNING: FAILURE TO PROPERLY PLACE CONTAINER UNDER SPOUT BEFORE JUICING WILL RESULT IN A HUGE MESS. And if I can't have it in the manual, I want it right across the side of my juicer. Seriously, why didn't someone think to print this important piece of information somewhere?

I love Green Lemonade in the morning and I love carrot/ginger/grapefruit in the afternoon. There's not an afternoon that rolls around that doesn't find me thinking it's time to fire up the juicer again. Yesterday was no exception. Out came the carrots, out came the ginger and the grapefruit. Container properly positioned under the spout .... aaand we're off! In went the carrots, out came the juice, but wait! What the ... OH, CR@P!! I didn't put the pulp catcher in place! There was pulp blowing out the back of my juicer! Oh, yeah - it was going everywhere! I couldn't get the machine turned off fast enough.

I've looked all over that manual and nowhere do I see WARNING: FAILURE TO PLACE PULP CATCHER IN IT'S PROPER POSITION BEFORE JUICING WILL RESULT IN AN EVEN BIGGER MESS.

Again, is it too much to ask that someone be on the ball over there? Perhaps I'll send an email suggesting the above, along with one more warning. NOTE: IN THE EVENT THAT YOU FAIL TO HEED ALL PREVIOUS WARNINGS, BE SURE AND RUN YOUR JUICER BEFORE YOU SPEND TWO HOURS CLEANING YOUR KITCHEN.

Stay tuned,
deborah

2 comments: