Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hard to Beet Green Lemonade

Dear Diary,
happyfoody.com Green Lemonade with a Twist
I'm up and out the door a little bit earlier than normal this morning. (I've got a big day ahead of me!) So, of course, I'm having my usual green lemonade first thing, and also making a large glass of Tingly Juice to go. This has me wondering ....

What goes in to your Green Lemonade? Any interesting variations or ingredients you can't live without?

Here's mine:
  • 2 - 3 Romaine leaves
  • 2 - 3 kale leaves
  • 2 - 3 celery stalks
  • 1 small Grannie Smith apple
  • 1 small red apple
  • 1" cube ginger
  • 1/2 large cucumber
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1/4 lime

Here's what I've learned:
  • I love parsley in my green lemonade, but it just shoots right through my juicer without so much as a drop of juice. (sadness)
  • I bought chopped kale from Trader Joe's last week and it pretty much does the same. Back to whole leaf kale this week.
  • I can do without the lime, but green lemonade's just not the same without apples. Or ginger. Or lemon. 

I'm now kind of eager to try this variation. I may have just found a new use for those beets I picked up yesterday. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Until then, have a great weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday.

Happy Weekend!
deborah


(Click here for the follow up to this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment