Friday, January 13, 2012

Three Days and Count(er)ing

Dear Diary,
I'm so excited about our experiment. I shopped online this morning for juicers and since there's going to be so much going on in my kitchen in the days and weeks to come, I've also begun cleaning and clearing countertops and looking for ways to create more workspace. Or should I say 'play space'? (Nothing this fun could ever be construed as work!)

I'm trying to decide which juicer to purchase. After seeing the Champion juicer in action at Becky's this week, it's clear that Champion is the queen of all juicers. I'd love to have one of these dolls, (especially since there's a grain mill attachment, which would be entirely too much fun) but this year's purchase may have to be a little less 'spendy'.


Maggie's really happy with her Jack Lalanne juicer, but I don't get to experiment with this one until my next trip to the islands. (How's that for an excuse? No, I really do need to go see Maggie so that I can try her juicer!) Maggie's recommendation goes a long way and I'm really leaning toward this one. Plus I like the price of this one a little better.


However, as I look at my limited counterspace and also at my tired old vintage blender, I must admit that I'm rather intrigued by the possibility of combining the two. I use the blender almost every day and plan to use the juicer every day, as well. I'm just not sure how many more appliances my countertop can hold!

The Jay Kordich Juicer/Blender seems to have gotten fairly good reviews on Amazon, but I'm a tad bit skeptical. Can a combination juicer/blender do both things as well as a separate juicer and blender? I really want a great juicer, but where in the world am I going to put it?

I'll let you know what I decide. Until then ....

Love,
deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment