Saturday, February 25, 2012

Beet Me To The Punch

Dear Diary,
Happy Saturday! Wow, this has been one crazy week. My mom's phrase for this kind of busy is to 'meet yourself coming and going', which I'm pretty sure I've actually done a couple of times. It hardly seems possible that the beet juice lemonade post was just one week ago. It feels like I'm a long time getting back to you on that. Do you want to hear what happened?

I absolutely will not be doing that again any time soon. I'm sure it was all kinds of healthy, but holy cow, it didn't look or taste anything like I expected! 

It looked like something more aptly named Red Velvet Lemonade than Green Lemonade. It was deep burgundy through and through - not a hint of green ANYWHERE. It didn't even TASTE like green lemonade. Even after I added another lemon (yes, a whole lemon) and another chunk of ginger. I'll spare you my description of what I thought it tasted like.

Maybe a giant whole beet was just too much. (Do ya' think?) I'm not sure, but what I do know is that after twenty ounces of Crimson Tide (which I was determined to finish) I plan to find another use for those beets in the frige. Just saying.

I'm back to drinking my tried-and-true green lemonade recipe. (That's the one that's hard to beat.) And I'm off to another workshop this morning, tall cup of carrot/grapefruit/ginger lemonade in hand to keep me focused through the morning. I sometimes think that trying to develop a new way of eating is just adding more pressure to my already stressful life, but I also believe that juicing is doing more to keep me going than any absence of stress over keeping old familiar habits.

Happy Weekend!
Let's talk next week ...

Love,
deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment